SSC CGL Exam Syllabus, Check SSC CGL Exam Pattern. SSC CGL Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern for Tier-I, II, III and IV is mention here. The candidates can check their exam wise syllabus for SSC CGL exams. Recently SSC has changed the exam Syllabus for Combined Graduate Level Exam.
Now the SSC CGL Tier-I and Tier-II will be conducting online. The Staff Selection Commission has released the notification for SSC CGL examination every year. Lakhs of candidates have participated in this examination.
The Combined Graduate Level Exam will be conducting for various posts in differents department. The candidates will be selected for these process after a long process of written exam. The Selection Process is divided into Tiers i.e. Tier-I, Tier-II, Tier-III and Tier-IV. The SSC CGL exam pattern and syllabus for every stage or Tier is mention below.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
The SSC CGL Examination will be Conducting into four tiers as given below.
- Tier -I — Written Examination (Computer Based)
- Tier -II — Written Examination (Computer Based)
- Tier -III — Descriptive Test (Pen and Paper Mode)
- Tier -IV — Data Entry Skill Test(DEST)/Computer Proficiency Test(CPT) (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
SSC CGL Tier-I Syllabus and Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Tier-I Exam Pattern: – The Staff Selection Commission will conduct the Tier-I exam firstly. The SSC CGL Tier-I will be conducting online only. The paper will consist 100 questions for 200 marks. The candidates have to complete the examination in 75 minutes. It is an objective type examination. The marks of Tier-I will be added into final merit list for selection.
Note- There is no sectional Cut-off In Tier-1
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
SSC CGL Tier-I Exam Syllabus
- General Intelligence & Reasoning : Address matching, Coding & de-coding, Classification of centre codes/roll numbers, Critical thinking, Drawing inferences, Date & city matching, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Emotional Intelligence, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Figural Analogy, Figural Series, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Indexing,Small & Capital, Number Series, Problem Solving, Numerical Operations, Punched hole/pattern –folding & unfolding, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, symbolic Operations, Social Intelligence, Trends, Venn Diagrams, Word Building, Other sub-topics, if any.
- General Awareness: The Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions from History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.
- Quantitative Aptitude : Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons , Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallel0piped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
- English Comprehension: The questions will be based on spot the error, fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, spelling/detecting misspelt words, idioms & phrases, one-word substitution, improvement of sentences.
SSC CGL Tier-II Exam Syllabus and Pattern
There will be total 300 questions in Tier-II for 400 marks. The paper will be divided into two parts. The aspirants have to Complete each part in 2 hours. There will be a negative marking of 0.50 per the wrong question in part one and 0.25 per the wrong question in the part second.
|II||English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
Exam Syllabus for Tier-II
- Quantitative Ability: Percentage. Ratio & Proportion,Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons , Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon.
- English: The questions will be based on spot the error, fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, spelling/detecting misspelt words, idioms & phrases, one word substitution, improvement of sentences, active/passive voice of verbs, conversion into direct/indirect narration, shuffling of sentence parts, shuffling of sentences in a passage, cloze passage & comprehension passage.
SSC CGL Tier-III
Tier-III would be a Descriptive type paper of 100 Marks in Pen and Paper mode. The duration of the will is 60 Minutes. The Test will comprise writing of an Essay/ Passage of 250 words and Letter /Application Writing of approximately 150 words. The candidates needed 33% marks to qualify in this exam.
SSC CGL Tier-IV
Tier-IV of the Examination would continue to be the Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) /Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) which would be of qualifying nature.
Official Website:- www.ssc.nic.in