Engineering Services Examination Exam Syllabus IES Stage 1st Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2017: – The UPSC has released the notification regarding IES examination 2017. Every year the commission has organised the examination for various department. The Union Public Service Commission is going to conduct the written exam for ESE Stage- 1st in the month of January 2017. The IES first stage examination will be leading into two parts, Part-1 and Part-2. The Part-1 is Common for all Candidates and conducting for 200 marks. The maximum time duration for this exam is 2 hours. The part-1 is objective type and consist questions from General Studies and Engineering Aptitude. This examination is common for all candidates Common for all Candidates. The part-2 will conduct for 300 marks within a time interval of 3 hours. The 2nd part included questions from Engineering Discipline-specific. The briefly exam syllabus and pattern is given below.
IES Stage Ist Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The IES Stage Ist consist questions from General Studies and Engineering Aptitude. The paper in General Studies and Engineering Aptitude will include Knowledge of relevant topics as may be expected from an engineering graduate, without special study. The questions from all ten topics are mention below.
- Current issues of national and international importance relating to social, economic and industrial development
- Engineering Aptitude covering Logical reasoning and Analytical ability
- Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis
- General Principles of Design, Drawing, Importance of Safety
- Standards and Quality practices in production, construction, maintenance and services
- Basics of Energy and Environment : Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, Climate Change,
- Environmental impact assessment
- Basics of Project Management
- Basics of Material Science and Engineering
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) based tools and their applications in Engineering such as
- networking, e-governance and technology-based education.
- Ethics and values in Engineering profession